I was so tired of having "Spare Tire", a "Beer Belly", or ...... whatever you want to call that stubborn belly fat, and nothing I did made a lasting difference until I finally decided I needed some professional advice. I am 53 years old and went from a 42" stomach to a 31" stomach in just 2 weeks with this one product! So What you need to know first of all...
- Peanut Butter: Okay, not just peanut butter, but mostly any seeds and nuts (these are the best): pistachios, walnuts, almonds (or almond butter), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. Why? They keep you full and satisfied for long periods of time, and they’re stuffed with healthy, belly-burning fats and minerals. (Stick to natural peanut butter by the way. The regular stuff is full of deadly trans fats.)
- Dark Chocolate: That is not a typo. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants (nearly eight times the number found in strawberries) and it contains stimulants that can have a positive effect on fat burning, including theobromine and caffeine. It also contains a nice dose of oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat. Make sure to choose the 78% or higher cocoa levels for best results.
- Green Tea: Not only does it contain a potent antioxidant, many scientific studies have linked green tea to increased fat burning, including a report in the American Journal of Clinical Nutritionthat found green tea extract boosted the daytime metabolism of test subjects by 35-43%.
- Cinnamon: Researchers have found that cinnamon contains a type of antioxidant that increases insulin sensitivity and effectively helps to stabilize blood sugar. Bottom line…you’ll store less belly fat.
- Yogurt: Most regular yogurt is bad for your belly. It’s loaded with belly-bulging sugar (real or artificial) that you want to avoid it. However, Greek yogurts like Stoneyfield Farms and Oikos Greek Yogurt (plain) are loaded with probiotics that fight belly bulge. (See “Sneaky Trick #6.”) Add some natural sweetener like stevia or Truvia™ to it with some walnuts and berries for the ultimate belly flattening treat.
- Giant Turkey Legs: You got me. I’m pulling your leg. (Get it?) I’m not just talking about turkey meat (white preferred), but any lean protein source is a good belly-blasting food. This includes wild salmon, free-range chicken, whey protein powders, and most especially grass-fed beef because it contains natural CLA—a fat that studies have actually shown to burn fat. The interesting thing about protein is your body will burn off as much as 30% of its calories to digest and “use” it
- Avocados: These little suckers are loaded with two nutrients that are KEY to killing belly fat: hunger- crushing fiber (11 to 17 grams per avocado!), and monounsaturated fats, which studies have shown to actually "spot reduce" belly fat.